Terms & Condtions (BGS)
Terms & Conditions BGS
1. All terms and conditions are subject to change.
2. All fees paid to Beckett are NON-REFUNDABLE once the order begins the grading process. If a customer would like their cards returned, ungraded, prior to the grading process being started, there will be a charge of $2 per card plus return shipping and insurance. Please note, cards showing evidence of counterfeiting, tampering, or restoration will be charged the full amount according to the service option selected as the determination to reject an item requires review by Beckett graders and authenticators.
3. Beckett shall have no liability whatsoever to the customer for any damage to any items that Beckett can reasonably demonstrate occurred while not in the custody or control of Beckett. However, if Beckett determines the customer’s submission was lost or damaged while in Beckett’s possession, customer will be compensated based upon the fair market value of the submission as determined by Beckett’s standard procedures which may include filing a claim with our insurance carrier. The owner’s declared value is used for determining insurance cost of the return shipment and the maximum amount that can be claimed for damage or loss in shipment for any items. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED THE DECLARED VALUE OF THE ITEM.
4. Beckett will provide collectors with the finest, most thorough, consistent and accurate authentication efforts available in the industry. Occasionally an item may have a typographical error on the label. Upon receipt from Beckett, customer must inspect all items and report any damage or discrepancy to Beckett within five (5) days of receipt. Customer agrees to return any incorrectly described item to Beckett upon request at any time, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Beckett and its affiliates against all losses and/or claims (including attorney’s fees) caused by the circulation or sale of a mismarked or inappropriate item or any unauthorized use of a Beckett certificate or label.
5. Beckett will not be responsible for returning items sent with insufficient payment or inadequate contact information, nor will Beckett be required to contact you or retain your items in such circumstances for a period in excess of three (3) months from its initial receipt.
6. Beckett will review any Beckett-Graded item(s) that you feel warrants a different grade. Additionally, we accept crossover submissions on items that have previously been graded by another third-party grading service. State a minimum grade, the lowest grade that you are willing to accept from Beckett, we will review the card in its existing holder and will only remove and encapsulate it in a Beckett holder if it meets or exceeds the minimum grade. If the item doesn’t meet the minimum grade, it is returned to you in the original holder. All service fees are charged regardless of your item being crossed-over or receiving a grade bump.
7. In the ordinary course of its operations, Beckett (i) compiles data regarding each item submitted for authentication/grading, including, but not limited to, data relating to the identity, production, condition and grade of the item (the “Data”); and (ii) may take, or have taken, one or more digital or other types of photographs, images or reproductions of each such item (collectively, the “Images”). In consideration for the authentication/grading services being provided by Beckett, Customer, on behalf of itself and any third party for whom Customer may be acting, hereby authorizes Beckett (i) to compile and maintain such Data with respect to each item submitted hereunder for authentication/grading; and (ii) to take, or cause to be taken, one or more Images of each such item, and further agrees that Beckett will be the owner of such Data and all such Images and that Beckett may use and exploit such Data and the Images for commercial and any other purposes, as Beckett in its sole discretion deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, the publication and republication or reproduction in or on any media, of such Data and Images. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer, on behalf of itself and any third party for whom Customer may be acting with respect to this agreement, unconditionally and irrevocably transfers, conveys and assigns to Beckett any and all current and any hereafter acquired rights, title and interests (including, without limitation, rights in copyright, patent, trade secret and trademark) that Customer or any such third party may have in or to the Data and the Images (on whatever media or in whatever form such Images may be reproduced or published).
8. The rights and obligations of both you and Beckett shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Texas, excluding its choice of law rules. By your submission of items or memorabilia to Beckett, you hereby (a) agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Submission Instructions, (b) submit yourself to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Collin Division and/or the District Courts of Collin County, Texas, and (c) expressly waive any venue or jurisdiction to which you may otherwise be entitled by your present or future domicile.