WHO IS BECKETT GRADING SERVICE (BGS)?
Beckett was founded in 1984 as Becket Media and began publishing its coveted Beckett Magazine price guide that services the hobby for years. In 1999 Beckett Media established Beckett Grading Services (BGS) and is one of the top 3 grading companies in the world.
WHAT DOES BECKETT GRADING SERVICE (BGS) DO?
BGS authenticate and grade sports and non-sports cards from 1981 to present. BGS also grade older cards (classed as vintage) under their Beckett Vintage Grading (BVG) service.
WHAT DOES BGS OFFER WITH THEIR SLABS?
- Modern grading service
- Internal card sleeve
- Half-point grading scale
- Online population report (pop report)
- Detailed report card (sub-grades)
THE BECKETT GRADING SERVICE PROCESS
Here is a high lever veiw of the Beckett grading process
- Packge is received, logged and counted
- Your cards are securely transported to the invoicing department
- Turnaround times are established
- Due dates are set
- Your cards are securely transported to the vault and waits for verification
- The verification department will ensure each card you have submitted has been identified correctly on the submission form
- All personal information is removed from the order before they get to the graders
- Orders are trasnported from the vault to the graders every day
- Each card is removed from their protective holders and then the examination begins
- The card is first authenticated
- Then it is checked for alterations
- If 1 and 2 have passed then the card condition is assessed
WHAT ARE SUB-GRADES?
Sub-grades provide more insight into how an overall card grade is achieved.
WHAT ARE THE SUB-GRADE CATEGORIES?
WHAT POINT SCALE DOES BGS USE?
BGS uses a 10 point grading scale with half grades. They also offer a Pristine 10, this is the highest possible grade than can be achieved. A Pristine 10 is holdered with a black BGS label.
Learn more about the Beckett grading process.
Learn more about Beckett pricing and turnaround times.